Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Halloween has always been for me, more than anything, the holiday that ushers in the Christmas season.  Yes, I am one of those people.  You know, the kind that listens to Christmas carols on the radio before Thanksgiving and already has her Christmas card newsletter ready to go.  Not that I don't like Halloween, I love the dressing up part.  Costumes were a big part of why I wanted to have a career in the theater.  Blake, on the other hand, LIVES for Halloween.  He loves the pumpkin carving, the costumes, the decorations...for him this is the holiday.  I have to admit, his enthusiasm is contagious, especially now that we have a little one on the way.  Trick or treating is kind of "out" for people our age (which, in my opinion, is a shame, since we're the ones buying all the candy anyway), but now we will have a child to drag along in full costume to satisfy our sweet tooths...teeth...(????).  And in case you're wondering, yes, we will be that family, in themed costumes.  Sorry folks, we do nothing halfway.

So now I take this opportunity to showcase my husband and his Halloween talents.  Here is this year's pumpkin carving:

Callie helped get us started...

Aidan's pumpkin

Callie's pumpkin

How we spent Sunday after all that carving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment